What are the top requirements to qualify for this position?
1. 1-3 Years of experience in Solutions Engineering.
2. Experience with regular expressions.
3. Web coding and production expertise, including HTML and CSS.
5. Working experience with web and performance analytics tools like Google Analytics, Keynote, Google Page Speed, YSlow, etc.
**Local travel to Bay Area clients may be required 1-2 days per week.
Why is this position open?
SiteSpect is growing and expanding its Professional Services team to the Bay Area. The Advanced Solution Engineer would be working directly on customer site optimization projects, including many of the world's largest and best known web site operators who are based in California.
Describe the current team this person will join, including the reporting structure.
The Advanced Solutions Engineer is a key role on the SiteSpect Professional Services team. The role works alongside with SiteSpect's web and optimization analysts, and is responsible for driving the design, development, QA and launch of campaigns around A/B and multivariate testing, behavioral targeting, mobile site optimization, and web performance optimization (i.e. optimizing for speed.)
What percentage of the candidate's time will be spent on existing products/business, versus items that are new?
The Advanced Solutions Engineer is not a product development position. Rather, ASE's are responsible for creating and deploying experimentation and optimization models within SiteSpect's technology layer.
What challenges will this person face on a daily basis?
The Advanced Solutions Engineer will be working on the front line, dealing with customer optimization programs on a daily basis. The ASE will be challanged with understanding and analyzing diverse front-end / UI code, much of it loaded with opportunities for improvement and optimization. It is the ASE's role to uncover efficient and clever techniques for implementing SiteSpect content testing rules through the use of web analytics response / feedback and regular expressions.
The ASE's responsibilities include:
- Working independently and collaboratively with SiteSpect analysts to implement advanced multivariate tests.
- Analysis of web site performance (i.e. page loading and rendering speed), and applying optimizations to improve speed.
- Providing advanced training, support and troubleshooting to ensure client success.
- Coding of Regular Expressions.
- Integration of common Web Analytics products and associated data validation.
- Documentation and best practices development as a result of new solutions created.
How are you positioned within the industry and what are your growth plans?
SiteSpect is the first and only provider of non-intrusive Web site conversion optimization solutions. Our unique technology allows Web marketers to test and optimize every aspect of their Web site without requiring any changes to their sites underlying code. SiteSpect's patent-pending technology is being used by some of the world's largest Web retailers, publishers, and search marketers -- including Wal-Mart, Staples, Mozilla, Newegg, JCPenney, MTV, Cabela's, Overstock.com, VEGAS.com, iStockphoto, and Unitrin Insurance.
SiteSpect is growing rapidly due to the success of it's technology platform, professional services offerings, and growing customer demand within the web analytics and BI industries. As a result we are aggressively hiring in several major markets including San Francisco and the Bay Area, CA.
What is your business model?
SiteSpect is a pure SaaS business.